Outcome of the Panel session Erasmus Placements: First year experience
The panelists were: Makrides Gr., De Smet P., Talaba D., Avgoustidou E., Preidiene J.
Short reportsGregory Makrides: Download Presentaion
The result of a questionnaire on Staff mobility placement that was sent earlier to the IROs of universities was processed and presented. The results appear on the site www.eaec.eu.comPatricia De Smet: Download Presentaion
- Closer cooperation between higher education institutions (HEIs) and enterprises by looking into the needs and stressing the benefits received from such cooperation, mainly, for HEIs, enterprises, students, teachers and staff of the HEIs.
- The HEIs strategy as regards sustainable cooperation between HEs and enterprises, quality commitment, the new models for placement mobility need to be implemented, by the support of Erasmus coordinators.
- Attention should be paid to the dissemination of results and the impact
- The HEIs – Enterprise relationship was stressed
- The need to meet the quality standards set by industry and enterprises
- The need for HEIs to integrate mechanisms of communication and cooperation with industry
- A good practice example for a 100% utilization of staff placements was presented by the University of Cyprus.
- A good practice example of student placements was presented by the Vilnius College of HE in Lituania.
The outcome deriving stresses the need to further develop and exploit the existing Erasmus activities, means and tools provided, in order to achieve the maximum possible cooperation between the academic and business world.
All the above mentioned, of course, for much more and better quality in mobility, so as to realize the European ambitious objectives but to secure accreditation and credit arising from practicum.
- Students and Teachers' Mobility: Changing Places to What Places? (Carlos Afonso)
- E-Quality Labeled Projects at Kodolanyi Janos University College (Eva Horvati)
- A New ERASMUS for a New Mobility (Luisa Castro e Brito)
- Welcome to Erasmus Compete (Michael Steinmann)
- Stimulation of Cultural Exchange Between ERASMUS and Local Students (D. Dumciuviene, K. Duoba, G. Startiene)
- Enhancing student mobility in a digital world – sharing experience in an enlarged Europe (Jolanta Urbanikowa)
- ERASMUS Student Mobility – Is the UK destined for decline? Perspectives from the University of Leicester (Natalie Cunningham)
- International Guests’ total life dimension at the University of Trento
- National Sports Academy in the European Educational Space (Students's mobility)
- On a University with Knowledge Management Programs (Jozef Hvorecky, Branislav Lichardus)
- The Erasmus Thematic Network "EIE Surveyor" (Joseph Barsics, Maria-Joao Martins)
- "Quality of Mobility and Erasmus Success Stories" A Portuguese overview (Carlos Sousa)
- The Quality of Mobility and Erasmus Success Stories
- Commitment to Society: Committed to Higher Education
- ERACON 2008 Conference Panel Session - ERASMUS Placements: first year experience (Gregory Makrides)
- Lifelong Learning Programme 2007-2013 – an update on ERASMS work placements from the perspective of the European Commission (Patricia De Smet)
- European strategy for closer cooperation between the academia and enterprises (Doru Talaba)
- ERASMUS STAFF PLACEMENTS - First year experiences at UCY (Elena Avgoustidou-Kyriacou)
- Erasmus internships (Jolanta Preidiene)